PAIN PERDU MIX-A-MATO®
- 320g Mix-a-mato® tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 200ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 4 x 1.5cm thick slices brioche
- 40g butter, chopped
- 40g baby spinach leaves
- 4 tbs crème fraiche or sour cream
- 30g parmesan, finely grated
- fPreheat oven to 220°C fan forced. Halve the large tomatoes and scatter all tomatoes in a small roasting pan. Drizzle with the olive oil sachet from the Mix-a-Mato® tomatoes and sprinkle with the salt sachet and paprika. Shake the pan to coat. Roast for 8 minutes until tomatoes are tender and just start to collapse.
- Whisk milk and eggs together in a shallow dish. Add 2 brioche slices, stand for 1 minute then turn and stand for a further 1 minute. Melt half the butter in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the soaked bread for 2 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to an oven tray. Repeat with remaining bread, egg mixture and butter. Add slices to tray and bake for 10 minutes until golden and crispy around the edges.
- Top pain perdu with spinach, crème fraiche, roasted Mix-a-Mato® tomatoes and pan juices. Finish with parmesan. Serve.