PERFECTION BERRY FRENCH TOAST WAFFLES WITH ESPRESSO LABNE
2 hours to strain yoghurt
- 250g Perfection Strawberries, hulled, sliced
- 125g Perfection Blueberries
- 500g Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbs espresso coffee powder
- 1 tbs warm water
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 8 waffles, thawed, lightly toasted
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup pouring cream
- 60g unsalted butter, chopped
- Spoon the yoghurt into a sieve lined with muslin or a new dish cloth and place over a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until thick. Meanwhile, dissolve the coffee powder in water and cool. Spoon the thick yoghurt into a clean bowl, discarding the drained liquid. Swirl through the coffee and 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Place toasted waffles onto a board. Spread a tablespoon of coffee labne onto each, leaving 1/2 cm border around all edges. Top four of the waffles with a few Perfection Strawberries and Perfection Blueberries. Sandwich together with remaining waffles and coffee labne side down. Place in a shallow dish in a single layer.
- Combine remaining caster sugar, strawberries, blueberries in a bowl. Toss gently to combine. Cover and set aside.
- Whisk eggs, milk and cream in a jug. Pour egg mixture over waffle sandwiches. Stand 3 minutes. Carefully turn and stand waffles a further 3 minutes.
- Melt half the butter in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook 2 waffle sandwiches, for 3 minutes each side or until golden. Keep warm. Repeat with remaining butter and waffle sandwiches. Place waffle French toasts onto serving plates. Top with a dollop of remaining espresso labne and spoon over Perfection berries and juices.