PERFECTION BLACKBERRY AND PRAWN ROCKET SALAD WITH BRIE CROUTONS
|6 as starter, 8 as side
- 2 x 125g Perfection Blackberries
- 1 baguette
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 200g round brie, cut into 18 wedges
- 120g mixed spinach and rocket
- 1kg medium king prawns, cooked, peeled, deveined, tails intact
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews
- 125g Perfection Blueberries
- 2 tbs caster sugar
- 3 tbs red wine vinegar
- 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp horseradish cream
- For the vinaigrette; combine blueberries, sugar and 2 tablespoons of vinegar in a small saucepan. Stir over medium-low heat for 2 minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Use a fork to crush the berries. Bring to simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat. Strain while warm and using a spoon, press as much mixture through sieve at possible. Cool for 15 minutes. Add oil, horseradish cream and remaining vinegar. Season then whisk until well combined. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat oven to 200°C fan forced. Cut the baguette into 18 slices and spray both sides with oil. Place in a single layer on a baking tray. Bake, 4-5 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Remove from the oven, top each baguette slice with a slice of brie. Bake for a further 3-5 minutes, or until cheese is slightly melted.
- Scatter the spinach, rocket, prawns, cashews and blackberries on a serving platter or board. Drizzle over a little vinaigrette and toss gently to coat. Top with brie croutons. Serve with remaining vinaigrette.
Tip- If making the vinaigrette ahead, keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. It will thicken when cold so on a warm day remove from fridge and stand at room temperature for 15 minutes or stand jar in a bowl of warm water 2-3 minutes.
Tip- The vinaigrette is delicious over any green leafy salad.