Perfection Raspberry Breakfast Hotcakes – 4 Ways
- 2 punnets Perfection Raspberries
- 1 3/4 cups self-raising flour
- 2 tbs caster sugar
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 60g melted ghee or butter
- 1 punnet Perfection Raspberries
- 125g butter, at room temperature
- 50g chocolate coated honeycomb, finely chopped
- For the raspberry butter, crush the raspberries on a plate with a fork. Beat the butter with a hand mixer until pale and creamy. Stir in the crushed raspberries and honeycomb. Refrigerate if it’s a hot day.
- Combine flour and sugar in a large bowl. Whisk the buttermilk and eggs together in a jug. Pour into the flour mixture and whisk until well combined.
- Heat a medium, nonstick frying pan over a medium heat until hot. Brush with melted ghee or butter. Pour 1/4 cup of batter into the pan. Cook for 2 minutes, or until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn over and cook a further 3 minutes, or until golden and cooked through. Remove to a plate and keep warm. Repeat to make 12 hotcakes.
- Place two hotcakes on a plate. Top with a dollop raspberry butter and fresh raspberries. Serve.
- Beat a 350g piece fresh ricotta with 2 tbs icing sugar until smooth. Dollop over hotcakes, top with raspberries and sprinkle with toasted granola.
- Swirl 300g thick Greek yoghurt with 4 tbs softened Nutella. Dollop over hotcakes and top with raspberries.
- Combine 350g cottage cheese with 2 tbs toasted pepitas. Dollop over hotcakes, top with raspberries and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.