PERFECTION RASPBERRY PAVLOVAS WITH CUSTARD CREAM
- 2 punnets Perfection Raspberries
- 8 Egg whites
- Pinch Cream of tartar
- 2 cups Caster sugar
- 1 tsp White vinegar
- 450ml Thickened cream
- 3 tbs Icing sugar
- 3/4 cup Thick vanilla custard
- Handful Toasted pistachio nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 120°C fan forced. Line two trays with baking paper. Draw 4 x10cm rounds onto each tray, turn paper over so marked side down.
- Pour the egg whites in the bowl of an electric mixer. Add cream tartar. Whisk on high speed to stiff peaks. Add the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time. Once all the sugar has been added, scrape the sides of the bowl and whisk a further 5 minutes or until the mixture is stiff and glossy. Add the vinegar and whisk 1 minute.
- Divide mixture between 8 rounds. Bake for 1 hour. Turn the oven off, leave door ajar and allow pavlovas to cool completely.
- For the topping; whip the cream and 2 tablespoons icing sugar together to soft peaks. Swirl through the custard. Dollop over pavlovas. Top with raspberries and pistachio. Dust with remaining icing sugar. Serve.
- Whip 500ml cream and 2 tbs icing sugar together to soft peaks. Swirl through 1/2 cup softened Nutella. Dollop over pavlovas. Top with raspberries. Serve.
- Whip 500ml cream to soft peaks. Swirl through 1/4 cup salted caramel. Dollop over pavlovas. Top with raspberries and drizzle with extra salted caramel.
- Process 1/4 cup white sugar and 6 large basil leaves until finely chopped. Whip 250ml cream to soft peaks. Fold in 250g mascarpone. Swirl through half the basil sugar. Dollop over pavlovas. Top with raspberries and sprinkle with remaining basil sugar.