Pomegranate and Vanilla Ice-cream Terrine
- 3 Pomegranates
- 2 vanilla ice cream, 2L store-bought quality
- 200 grams dark chocolate
- 50 grams caster sugar
- 1 tbsp arrowroot
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Place ice-cream in a bowl and stand at room temperature until softened slightly.
- Scoop pomegranate arils into a sieve over another bowl to catch the juice.
- Add 3/4 of the arils and vanilla extra to the ice-cream and fold through.
- Transfer ice-cream to a 2L capacity, plastic wrap-lined mould. Freeze overnight.
- Pour pomegranate juice, leftover arils and sugar into a non-reactive saucepan. Bring to the boil and add dissolved arrowroot. Simmer until thick. Stand to cool to room temperature. (Can be prepared a day ahead).
- When ready to serve, melt chocolate over a double boiler.
- Turn terrine upside down onto serving plate, remove wrap and slice.
- Serve ice-cream drizzled with chocolate and pomegranate syrup.