Queensland Kebabs of Broccolini®
- 1 Broccolini®
- 1 pineapple, (one cup finely diced plus 12 cubes of 1.5cm)
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup crystallised Buderim ginger, roughly chopped
- 30 ml Bundaberg rum
- 12 cooked Tiger prawns, peeled and deveined
- 4* 25 cm wooden skewers, soaked in water for 1 hour
- Combine macadamia nuts and icing sugar, spread on a baking tray and bake at 160°C for 10 minutes. Stand to cool, then chop coarsely. Set aside.
- For pineapple caramel, place brown sugar and half cup water in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Simmer til syrupy, about 5 minutes. Add diced pineapple, ginger, and rum and simmer for 5 minutes. Stand to cool.
- Thread prawns, Broccolini® and pineapple cubes onto skewers. Drizzle with pineapple caramel and sprinkle with nut crumble.