QUICK KUMATO® CHUTNEY & CHORIZO BAGUETTE
- 500g Kumato® Tomatoes
- 2 tbs (40ml) olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup (90g) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) red wine vinegar
- 375g (3) chorizo, sliced into 2cm-thick rounds
- 2 x 1/2 baguettes, halved crossways, warmed
- 1/2 cup (125g) aioli
- 40g baby spinach leaves
- Combine oil, onion and paprika in a large non-stick frying pan over medium low heat. Cook stirring often for 5 minutes until soft. Add Kumato® tomatoes, sugar and vinegar. Bring to a boil and boil gently for 10 minutes until thick. Remove to a bowl and cool for 10 minutes.
- Wipe the frying pan clean and heat over medium-high. Cook chorizo in batches for 2-3 minutes each side until golden. Remove to a plate.
- Split the warm baguettes, leaving attached along one edge. Spread aioli over both sides of each baguette. Fill with baby spinach, chorizo and Kumato® chutney.
Tips: We used green Kumato® tomatoes but this is delicious with Kumato® at any stage of ripeness. Any leftover chutney will keep for 3 weeks in a sterilized jar in the fridge.