Quke® and berry ice blocks
|60 + 360 freezing MINS
- 2 x 250g Qukes® baby cucumbers
- 500ml lemonade, ginger beer or lemon lime & bitters
- 3 tbs fresh blueberry cordial
FRESH BLUEBERRY CORDIAL
- 1 x 125g Perfection Blueberries,
- 1/2 cup water,
- 1/2 cup white sugar,
- 1 tbs lemon juice,
- 1/2 tsp tartaric acid, optional
- For the cordial; combine the water and sugar in a saucepan, stir constantly over medium heat without boiling until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes without stirring. Add the lemon juice and blueberries and simmer for 8 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the tartaric acid and set aside to cool. Pour the mixture into a blender and blend until smooth. Strain, discarding the skins. Refrigerate until cold. Once cold pour into a clean satirized jar and refrigerate for up to 1 month.
- Slice 10 Qukes® lengthways, each into 5, then arrange, standing upright into 12 x 80ml (1/3 cup) popsicle moulds.
- Mix 250ml lemonade, ginger beer or lemon lime and bitters with 2 tablespoons of blueberry cordial. Carefully pour into the molds so they are half full. Cover and freeze for 2 hours until partially frozen.
- Remove from the freezer, insert a paddle-pop stick into the centre of each mould. Top up with remaining lemonade. Freeze for 6 hours or overnight if time permits. Remove from the moulds and serve immediately.