QUKES® & AVOCADO NORI ROLLS
- 250g Qukes® baby cucumbers
- 2 1/2 cups (500g) sushi rice, rinsed well
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup sushi seasoning
- 8 nori sheets
- kewpie mayonnaise
- 2 avocadoes, sliced sideways
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 2 tbs mirin
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- Place rice and water in a large saucepan. Cover with lid and bring to boil over a high heat. Boil for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low and cook for a further 10 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Remove from the heat and stand, covered for 15 minutes.
- Spread rice onto a large tray and drizzle with seasoning. Stir to combine. Set aside, stirring occasionally, to cool at room temperature. Meanwhile, cut 4 Qukes®, each into six equal lengths (you need 24 lengths).
- Place 1 sheet of nori, rough-side up, on a damp bamboo sushi mat, with one short side closest to you. Using wet fingers, press 3/4 cup of rice over nori, leaving a ½ cm border at the opposite short end.
- Drizzle the short end closest to you, with mayonnaise. Top with avocado and 3 lengths of Qukes®. Use a bamboo mat to tightly roll up, enclosing the filling. Remove the mat and cut into four equal lengths. Repeat with remaining nori, rice, mayonnaise, avocado and Qukes®.
- To make the dipping sauce, combine all ingredients in a serving bowl. Serve nori rolls with dipping sauce.
Tip: Nori sheets and bamboo mats are available from the international aisle of supermarkets.