RASPBERRY OLIVE OIL CAKE
- 2 x 125g Perfection Raspberries
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups (440g) caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup (250ml) light olive oil
- 1 cup (250ml) apple or pear juice
- 3 cups (450g) plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup (125g) icing sugar
- 1-2 passionfruit, halved
- Preheat oven to 170°C fan forced. Grease and line the base and sides of a 4cm deep, 18cmx30cm (base) slab pan.
- Using an electric mixer, beat eggs, caster sugar and vanilla in a large bowl on high speed for about 5 minutes (if using a hand mixer, it will take 8-10 minutes) or until very thick and creamy. Gently stir in oil and fruit juice.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together over the egg mixture. Fold gently until combined. Pour two-thirds of cake batter into the cake pan. Top with 125g of raspberries. Pour over remaining cake batter. Top with remaining 125g raspberries. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in the pan.
- For the passionfruit icing, sift sugar into a bowl. Add enough passionfruit pulp to form a really thick paste. Microwave for 30 seconds uncovered on High/100% until runny and warm. Stir quickly then drizzle over the warm cake. Stand 20 minutes. In the pan Use the baking paper to carefully lift out onto a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature!
Tip: Don’t make icing too far ahead, as it sits it becomes softer and wont stick to cake on cooling.