ROASTED FIORETTO® & HALOUMI SALAD WITH CRANBERRY VINAIGRETTE
|4 as starter or 6 as side|
- 400g Fioretto® Cauli Blossom
- 8 Petite Tomatoes™
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 3 tsp za'atar spice
- 300g haloumi, cut into 1cm thick slices
- 80g baby rocket
- 1/2 cups roasted hazlenuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 3 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1/2 tsp caster sugar
- 1/4 cup cranberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C fan forced. Arrange the Fioretto® in a single layer in a roasting pan. Combine 2 tablespoons of oil and Za'atar, spoon over the Fioretto® and turn to coat. Roast for 15 minutes, until tender. Cool for 10 minutes.
- To make the cranberry vinaigrette, whisk the oil, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper in a bowl. Stir in the cranberries and set aside.
- Drizzle the remaining oil over both sides of the haloumi. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat until hot. Cook the haloumi in batches for 2-3 minutes each side until golden and soft. Remove to a board and cut into pieces.
- Combine the Fioretto®, haloumi, rocket, tomato and hazelnuts on a platter and toss gently to combine. Spoon over the vinaigrette and season with pepper. Serve.
Tip- This salad is delicious served with barbecue lamb, chicken or seafood