ROMATHERAPY® CAPONATA RICE SALAD
|4-6 as a side|
- 250g Romatherapy® Baby Roma Tomatoes
- 175g Minicaps® baby capsicums
- 3 tbs olive oil
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 400g eggplant, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 small red onion, cut into very thin wedges
- ¼ cup pitted green olives, chopped
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 11/4 cups long grain rice, rinsed
- 1 tbs drained capers
- 1/3 cup flat leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/3 cup basil leaves, chopped if large
- Combine the Romatherapy® tomatoes, 1 tablespoon of the oil and chilli in a bowl. Season well and stir to coat.
- Preheat oven 220°C fan forced. Combine eggplant, Minicaps® and onion in a greased roasting pan. Spoon over remaining 2 tablespoons oil, season well and roast 10 minutes. Stir then roast further 10 minutes or until eggplant is tender and starts to colour.
- Add the Romatherapy® tomato mixture and roast a further 3 minutes. Remove from the oven and stir in the olives and vinegar. Set aside 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice following the absorption method on the packet. Rinse under cold water, drain well and transfer to a large bowl. Add the capers, parsley and basil to the roasted vegetables then stir into the rice. Serve.
Tip- The caponata (without the rice) is delicious served over steak, chicken, fish or chargrilled bread for a sensational bruschetta.