ROMATHERAPY® TOMATO & CHARGRILLED MEXICAN BEEF SALAD
|15 mins |
10 mins resting
- 250g Romatherapy® Baby Roma Tomatoes
- 175g Minicaps® baby capsicums
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 sweet corn cobs, husks removed
- 3x200g sirloin steaks,
- 4 tsp Mexican spice blend or taco seasoning
- 420g can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 cos heart lettuce, shredded
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves
- Lime wedges, to serve
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tsp jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 tsp honey
- Preheat a barbecue grill on medium-high. Spray corn and Minicaps® with oil. Barbecue for 8-10 minutes or until corn and Minicaps® are lightly charred and tender. Cut the corn kernels from the cobs and roughly chop the Minicaps®. Place in a bowl. Add the Romatherapy® tomatoes, beans, lettuce, avocado and coriander.
- Spray both sides of the steaks with oil, sprinkle over spice blend, pressing on with fingertips. Barbecue the steaks on the hot grill for 1 minute. Turn and barbecue for a further 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium, barbecue 3-5 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer steaks to the wire rack and stand 10 minutes to rest. Slice.
- Divide salad between 4 serving plates. Top with steak. Whisk all the dressing ingredients together. Pour over the steak and salad. Serve with lime wedges.