Slow Baked Chicken Casserole with Tomato and Fennel
- 175 grams Minicaps® baby capsicums
- 250 grams Grape Tomatoes
- 2 baby fennel, cut into thin wedges
- 4 truss tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 chicken leg pieces
- 4 chicken thigh cutlets, skin left on
- 400 ml can tomato purée
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat 2 tbsp oil in large heatproof pot on medium heat. Brown chicken pieces, remove.
- Add an extra tbsp olive oil, and cook the garlic, fennel, Dutch carrots, and Vine Sweet Minicaps® for 5 minutes until lightly browned and softened.
- Add tomato wedges, lemon zest, tomato purée, red wine, and bay leaves. Re-add the chicken pieces, cover and bake for 1 hour. Remove the lid, and add The Original™ grape tomatoes and olives and bake for a further 30 minutes.
- Serve with mashed potato or pasta.