SLOW BAKED MOROCCAN KUMATO® TOMATOES
- 12 Kumato® Tomatoes
- 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbs Moroccan spice blend
- 400g canned lentils, drained, rinsed
- 1/3 cup black or green olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds, chopped
- 2 tbs chopped flat lead parsley
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Labneh and flatbread, to serve
- Preheat oven to 150°C fan forced. Lightly grease a roasting pan.
- Heat 1 tbs of oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and spice. Cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until onion is soft. Remove from heat. Stir in lentils, olives, almonds, parsley and breadcrumbs. Season well.
- Cut a thin slice from the top of each Kumato®, reserving the tops. Use a teaspoon to hollow out the Kumato® tomatoes. Discard pulp.
- Fill the Kumato® tomato shells with lentil filling, pressing down firmly with a spoon. Place in a baking dish. Return tops and drizzle with remaining oil. Season and bake for 50-60 minutes or until the Kumato® tomatoes are tender but retain their shape.
Tip 1- Serve with labneh and flat bread for a meatless meal.
Tip 2- Serve as a side to beef, lamb, chicken or seafood.