QUKES® & SMASHED JALAPENO AVOCADO CRUMPETS WITH SOFT BOILED EGGS
- 2 x 250g Qukes® baby cucumbers
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 tbs pickled jalapeno, finely chopped
- 4 large free range eggs
- 8 crumpets, toasted
- 200g cottage cheese
- 1 tbs black sesame seeds
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated
- Combine the avocado and jalapeno together and season. Slice 8 Qukes® lengthways, each into 4.
- Half fill a medium saucepan with water and bring it to the boil over high heat, stir in 1 teaspoon of salt. Pierce a small hole in the larger end of each egg with a sharp safety pin or needle. Lower the cold eggs into the boiling water, leave for 30 seconds then stir to form a whirlpool in the pan. Boil gently for 5 minutes. Remove the eggs to a large bowl of iced water. Stand for 3 minutes. Drain and peel.
- Spread 4 crumpets with the avocado mixture. Spread the remaining 4 crumpets with cottage cheese. Top all crumpets with sliced Qukes® then half a soft boiled egg. Sprinkle with lemon rind sesame seeds, and micro herbs. Place 1 avocado crumpet and 1 cottage cheese crumpet on each serving plate, season and serve.