SMASHED QUKES® & AVOCADO ON TOASTED SOURDOUGH 4 WAYS
- 250g Qukes® baby cucumbers, [[Smashed qukes]]
- 4 slices sourdough , toasted
- 1 large avocado, smashed
- Micro herbs, to serve (optional
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp black sesame seeds
- For the smashed Qukes®, whisk oil, maple syrup, sriracha and lemon juice in a bowl. Cut the Qukes® in half lengthways and turn cut side down onto the board. Use a wide blade knife to smash the Qukes® into rough pieces. Add the Qukes® and shallots to the oil mixture and stir to coat. Stir in black sesame seeds just before serving.
- Spread the avocado over the toasted sourdough. Spoon over the smashed Qukes and a little of the dressing. Season and scatter with herbs. Serve.
- Add 1 poached egg to each serve; to poach eggs bring a medium sized saucepan to the simmer, add a little white vinegar. Your water should be just bubbling, Crack eggs one at a time into a small ramekin then tip into the simmering water. Gently swirl the water to create a gentle whirlpool. Cook for 5-6 minutes for a soft egg. Use a slotted spoon to remove the egg to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Add 30g smoked salmon to each serve.
- Add roasted harissa Sweet Solanato® tomatoes to each serve; Combine 1 tbs olive oil with ½ tsp harissa paste and 1 tsp caster sugar. Add the tomatoes, toss to coat. Roast in a hot oven 200°C fan forced for 5-8 minutes until blistered.