SMASHED QUKES® VEGAN BOWL
|15 mins |
15 mins marinating
|45 mins MINS|
- 250g Qukes® baby cucumbers
- 1 bunch Broccolini®
- 1 Bambino® Wombok Hearts
- 200g Sweet Solanato® Tomatoes
- 800g sweet potato, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs Moroccan spice blend
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup vegan yoghurt
- 1 cup rocket leaves
- Beetroot chips, to serve
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbs red wine vinegar
- 3 tsp Moroccan spice blend
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp caster sugar
- Cut the Qukes® in half lengthways and turn cut side down onto the board. Use a wide blade knife to smash the Qukes® into rough pieces, transfer to a bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat oven to 200°C fan forced. Grease a large roasting pan and arrange the sweet potato in a single layer in the pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with half the spice. Roast sweet potato for 30 minutes. Add Broccolini® and chickpeas, drizzle with remaining oil and sprinkle with remaining spice. Roast with sweet potato for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk all the dressing ingredients together and season. Arrange the cabbage on a plate, cut side up. Spoon 1 tablespoon of dressing over each cabbage wedge, allowing it to drizzle through the layers. Reserve the remaining dressing. Allow the cabbage to stand for 15 minutes then cut each wedge into three.
- Prepare the couscous following packet directions. Spoon yoghurt over the base of 4 serving bowls and top with couscous. Add Qukes®, Broccolini®, sweet potato, chickpeas, cabbage and tomatoes. Spoon over the reserved dressing. Top with rocket and serve with beetroot chips.