BROCCOLINI®, POMEGRANATE & BABY KALE SALAD WITH SMOKED SALMON
|4 as a starter|
- 2 bunches Broccolini®
- 80g marinated goats cheese
- 8 thin slices sourdough
- 1 tbs chopped chives
- 240g smoked salmon
- 60g baby kale or spinach
- 1 pomegranate
chilli ginger dressing
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1/2 long red chilli, seeds in, finely chopped
- 1cm piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 2 tsp honey
- For the chilli ginger dressing, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Season and whisk to combine.
- Place a tray in the fridge to chill for 10 minutes. Blanch the Broccolini® in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 1-2 minutes until bright green and just tender. Drain quickly. Cut the Broccolini® in half lengthways. Arrange onto the cold tray in a single layer. Pour over the dressing and turn to coat. Set aside 15 minutes to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan forced. Pour a little oil from the goats cheese into a bowl, use to brush over both sides of the bread. Place the bread on a tray and bake for 8-10 minutes until light golden. Combine the goats cheese and chives, spread over the sour dough.
- Arrange the salmon on a platter or individual plates. Top with Broccolini®, kale and pomegranate seeds. Spoon over the dressing (from the marinated Broccolini®). Season and serve with sour dough.
Tip- To remove seeds from the pomegranate, roll on the bench to loosen the seeds. Score around the middle and tear open into halves. Hold each pomegranate half over a bowl, seeds facing down and tap the skin with a wooden spoon, squeezing a little to release the seeds and juice. Discard any white pith.