Smoky Marinated Sweet Solanato® Tomatoes with Chargrilled Haloumi
- 200g Sweet Solanato® Tomatoes, halved
- 8 Qukes® baby cucumbers, chopped
- 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 3 tsp honey
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 500g haloumi, drained, sliced
- 60g baby rocket leaves
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- To make the dressing, combine 3 tablespoons of the oil, lemon juice, honey and ½ teaspoon of the paprika in a large bowl. Season and whisk to combine. Add the tomatoes and Qukes®, stir to coat. Set aside.
- Place the haloumi, lemon rind, remaining oil and paprika in a bowl. Toss to coat. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the haloumi, cook in batches for 2 minutes each side or until golden.
- Combine the rocket and mint leaves, pile into the centre of 4 serving plates. Top with haloumi then spoon over the marinated tomato and Qukes®. Serve.
Did you know: Sweet Solanato® tomatoes are firm, sweet, have less seeds and thinner skin than other small tomatoes, making them perfect for marinating.