Spiced Fioretto® Rice & Quinoa Salad
|4-6 as a side
- 400g Fioretto® Cauli Blossom, trimmed
- 1 cup rice and quinoa mix, (see tip in method)
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup un-blanched almonds
- 60g baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley leaves
- 1 lemon, halved
- Preheat oven 180°C fan forced. Cook the rice and quinoa following the absorption directions on the packet. Cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, combine the oil, garlic, paprika and cinnamon together. Spoon 1 tablespoon of oil mixture over the almonds and toss to coat. Spread onto a baking tray and roast in the oven for 7-10 minutes until toasted. Set aside to cool.
- Steam or microwave Fioretto® until stems are bright green and tender. Drain well.
- Pour the remaining oil mixture into a frying pan and heat over medium heat, add the Fioretto® and cook, turning in oil mixture until well coated. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the warm rice and quinoa and stir gently to coat. Cool. Add the almonds, spinach leaves and parsley. Season.
- Squeeze over the lemon halves, drizzle with a little extra oil if needed. Toss gently to coat. Serve.