|10 mins |
3 hours chilling
- 250g Perfection Strawberries
- ½ cup (110g) white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 tbs (40ml) lemon juice
- 80g butter, at room temperature
- Warm croissants, Bagels, crumpets or toasted sour dough, to serve
- Wash, hull and slice the strawberries. Place into a non-stick frying pan with sugar, vanilla and lemon juice. Stir over medium heat until sugar has dissolved. Bring to gentle boil, boil 6 minutes, stirring often (you should have 3/4 cup). Set aside 20 minutes to cool to room temperature.
- Spoon the strawberry mixture into a food processor. Add butter and pulse until well combined. Transfer to an airtight container. Refrigerate 3 hours.
- Strawberry butter is delicious spread on croissants toasted bagels, sour dough, , crumpets and scones.
Tip: The strawberry butter will keep freezer in an airtight container for 3 weeks in the fridge or 1 month in the freezer.