SUMMER KUMATO® RATATOUILLE RIGATONI
- 500g Kumato® Tomatoes
- 175g Minicaps® baby capsicums
- 4 tbs (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (350g) eggplant, thickly sliced lengthways
- 3 (365g total) zucchini, chopped
- 300g rigatoni pasta
- 2 tbs (40ml) sherry vinegar
- 1 cup basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Preheat chargrill or barbecue plate on medium-high. Combine oil and garlic and brush half of the mixture over both sides of the eggplant. Cook eggplant for 3-4 minutes each side until charred and tender. Remove to a board and roughly chop.
- Meanwhile, combine Kumato® tomatoes, Minicaps® and zucchini in a large roasting pan. Spoon over the remaining garlic oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 25 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Remove from the oven and add the eggplant and vinegar. Season and stir to combine.
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain. Add to the vegetables with the basil and toss gently to combine. Spoon into a bowl and serve.
Tip: Summer ratatouille is delicious served warm or at room temperature on a hot summer’s night.