SUMMER ON A PLATE
15 mins cooling
- 200g Qukes® baby cucumbers, halved
- 200g Sweet Solanato® Tomatoes, halved
- 125g Perfection Raspberries
- 125g Perfection Blackberries
- 2x125g burrata or buffalo mozzarella, drained
- 16 medium cooked prawns, peeled, deveined
- 1 cup mixed fresh herbs like basil, parsley and snow pea tendrils
- chargrilled sourdough spread with marinated feta, pomegranate molasses, to serve
POACHED MIX-A-MATO® TOMATOES
- 2 x 320g Mix-a-mato® tomatoes
- 6 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 8 thyme sprigs
- 3 fresh bay leaves
- 3 cups olive oil
- For the poached Mix-a-Mato® tomatoes, wash tomatoes and pat dry with paper towel. Place the Mix-a-Mato® tomatoes in a medium saucepan with garlic, thyme and bay leaves. Pour over the oil (tomatoes should be completely covered). Place over low heat (use the small hob on your stove top) for 30 minutes or until tomatoes are just tender and some skins may split. Skim any scum from the surface. Cool for 15 minutes then carefully spoon into a sterilised jar. Seal jars and set aside to cool completely then refrigerate.
- Tear the burrata or buffalo mozzarella into pieces and arrange between 4 serving plates. Top with Solanato® tomatoes and season. Add Qukes®, prawns, berries, herbs and sourdough to the plate. Spoon some oil and poached Mix-a-Mato® tomatoes over the sourdough. Drizzle the plates with pomegranate molasses and serve.
Tip: Poached Mix-a-Mato® tomatoes will keep refrigerated for 3 weeks after opening. Keep completely covered in oil.