SWEET PICKLED PERFECTION BERRIES, PROSCIUTTO & HALOUMI SALAD
|4-6 as starter or 8 as side|
- 250g Qukes® baby cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x 225g packets haloumi
- 200g prosciutto
- baby spinach 120g
- ½ cup small mint leaves
- Crusty bread
- 1/2 cup red-wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 125g Perfection Raspberries
- 125g Perfection Blueberries
- 250g Perfection Strawberries, hulled, halved
- For the pickled berries; Place the berries in large bowl. Combine vinegar, water, sugar, salt, chilli, coriander seeds and bay leaves in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until sugar has dissolved. Increase heat to medium and bring to the boil. Simmer gently for 3 minutes, remove from the heat. Cool 20 minutes then pour over the berries. Stand for 1 hour (see tip).
- Brush both sides of haloumi with oil. Heat large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Cook haloumi in batches, for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden. Place onto a greased tray and keep warm.
- Arrange the haloumi and prosciutto onto serving board or plates. Top with spinach, mint and Qukes®. Using a slotted spoon, spoon over the berries. Drizzle with remaining extra virgin olive oil. Serve with crusty bread.
Tip- The berries can be pickled up to 4 hours ahead of time. Any longer than 4 hours the berries start to break down.
Tip- This salad is delicious served as a starter or the perfect salad for the Christmas buffet table.