Sweet Solanato® Tomato and Sweet Onion Tartlets
- 200g Sweet Solanato® Tomatoes
- for greasing Canola spray
- 3 sheets frozen ready-rolled shortcrust pastry
- 150g soft goat's cheese
- 3/4 cup onion jam
- to serve Micro cres
- to serve Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- to taste Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan-forced. Lightly grease two 12-hole, 1 1/2 tablespoon-capacity round-based patty pans with canola spray.
- Using a 7.5cm round cutter, cut 8 rounds from each sheet of pastry. Use a fork to pierce each round three times then press each into prepared patty pan holes. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool in pans.
- Spoon goat's cheese into the base of each tartlet and top with a spoonful of onion jam. Using a small sharp knife, cut 24 tomatoes in half vertically. Press tomatoes into jam, season with salt and pepper. Scatter over the micro-cres, drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil and serve.
Tip- To save time buy pre-baked canapé cups from the deli section of larger supermarkets. For a variation, replace the goat's cheese with a purchased dip like hummos or smoked eggplant.