Sweet Solanato® Tomato, Broad Bean & Pita Salad
- 200g Sweet Solanato® Tomatoes
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 3 pita pocket breads
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds
- 250g frozen broad beans
- 4 radishes, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 180g cherry bocconcini, drained, torn in half
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 tbs basil pesto
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 200°C fan forced. Using 1 tablespoon oil, brush both sides of the pita. Cut the pita into 2cm-thick strips and place on a baking tray. Scatter almonds over another baking tray. Cook, placing the pita tray above the almonds, for 5-7 minutes until bread is crisp and almonds light golden. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, add the broad beans to a saucepan of boiling salted water. Cook for 3 minutes. Drain and refresh under cold running water, drain well. Remove the tough outer skins from the broad beans, discard the skins and place beans into a bowl.
- Break the pita into pieces and add to the broad beans with tomatoes, radish, bocconcini and mint. Combine the pesto, remaining olive oil, lemon juice and sugar in a jug. Season and mix well. Spoon the dressing over the salad, toss gently. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve.
Tip- This meal is best served as a side dish.