SWEET SOLANATO® TOMATO PIZZA SCROLLS
- 200g Sweet Solanato® Tomatoes
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 80g packet mild salami, thinly sliced
- 1 cup tasty cheese, grated
- tasty cheese, finely grated, to serve
- 2 1/4 self-rasising flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 75g cold butter, chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan, finely grated
- 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan forced. Grease and line a large oven tray.
- For the dough; combine the flour, salt and butter in a large bowl. Use your fingertips to rub butter into flour to form fine crumbs. Stir in parmesan. Make a well in the centre and add milk. Gently stir with a butter knife, until the dough comes together, adding more milk if necessary to form a soft dough.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured bench and gently knead until the dough is smooth. Roll out to a 25cm x 35cm rectangle. Spread with pizza sauce, leaving a 1cm border around the edges. Top with salami, tomatoes and cheese.
- Starting from one long side, roll up the dough firmly to enclose the filling. Trim ends. Cut into nine equal slices and place side-by-side on the tray. Bake for about 35-40 minutes, or until golden. Serve warm or at room temperature sprinkled with extra cheese.
Tips- Scrolls are best eaten on the day they are made. Salami can be replaced with ham, turkey or chicken.