Sweet Solanato™ Tomato, Prawn & Qukes® Lettuce Cups with Saffron Mayonnaise
- 200g Sweet Solanato® Tomatoes
- 250g Qukes® baby cucumbers
- 2 Baby Cos Heart
- 700g cooked medium king prawns, peeled, deveined, halved lengthways
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes, crushed
- to serve micro herbs
- 1 1/2 hot water, SAFFRON MAYONNAISE
- 1/2 tsp Saffron threads,
- 3/4 cup whole egg mayonnaise,
- 2 tsp horseradish cream,
- To make the saffron mayonnaise, heat a small non-stick frying pan over medium heat until hot. Remove from the heat, add saffron threads. Shake in the hot pan for 30 seconds then tip threads into a small bowl. Add the water, set aside for 5 minutes to infuse. Whisk the mayonnaise and horseradish together. Stir in the saffron and water, season. Cover and set aside until ready to serve.
- Separate the leaves from the baby cos, wash and pat dry with paper towel. Slice the tomatoes into quarters lengthways and place into a bowl. Slice 4 Qukes® into rounds and add to the tomatoes with the prawns. Combine the oil and chilli flakes, spoon over the tomato mixture, season and stir gently to combine.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on serving platter. Dollop a spoonful of saffron mayonnaise into the centre of each. Top with tomato and prawn mixture. Season and garnish with micro herbs if desired.