Grape Tomato and Mint Pesto Bites
- 200g Grape Tomatoes
- 2 tsp black peppercorns
- 2 bocconcini balls, finely chopped
- 1/2 small bunch mint, leaves picked
- 2 tsp parmesan, finely grated
- 1 tbsp robust extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Make mint pesto first.
- Place all ingredients in a small food processor and process until smooth.
- Season with sea salt. Set aside.
- Use a small sharp knife to cut the ends off each tomato, then slice in half crossways to produce pieces that can stand upright. Arrange on a serving plate.
- Heat a small non-stick frying pan on medium and cook peppercorns for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Transfer to a mortar and pestle and pound until coarsely chopped.
- Combine bocconcini and a spoon of pesto in a small bowl, tossing until evenly coated.
- Spoon a small amount on the cut surface of each tomato. Sprinkle with peppercorns and drizzle with remaining pesto.