MIX-A-MATO® tomato & BASIL FOCACCIA
- 400g Mix-a-mato® tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cups warm water
- 7g (2 tsp) instant dried yeast
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 3 cups (450g) bread and pizza flour, (see tip)
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 1/2 cup small basil leaves
- buffalo mozzarella & extra virgin olive oil, for serving
- Combine the water, yeast, sugar and 2 tablespoons of oil in a jug, mix well. Cover and set aside in a warm place for 5 minutes or until bubbles form on top.
- Place the flour and salt in a bowl. Make a well in the centre and pour in yeast mixture. Stir until dough comes together in the bowl. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Brush a bowl with oil to grease. Place dough in bowl and cover with plastic wrap and a tea towel. Set aside in a warm, draught-free place for 30 minutes or until dough doubles in size.
- Preheat oven to 200°C fan forced. Grease a 20 x 30cm roasting pan or tray. Punch down centre of the dough with your fist. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. Press into the prepared pan. Cover with a damp tea towel and set aside in a warm, draught-free place for 15 minutes or until doubled in height.
- Use your finger to press dimples into the dough. Press the tomatoes into the dough. Scatter over the basil, brush with remaining oil. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden and focaccia sounds hollow when tapped on base. Serve warm with buffalo mozzarella and olive oil.
Tip- If you’re unable to use bread and pizza flour, plain flour can be used as a substitute.
Tip- This recipe consist of a resting time of 45 minutes.