Tomato medley & Chorizo paella
- 200g Grape Kumato® Tomatoes
- 200g Tomato Medley
- 175g Minicaps® baby capsicums, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbs smoked paprika
- 3 fresh bay leaves
- 200g chorizo, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 1/2 cup paella rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 1/2 - 3 cups chicken stock
- pinch saffron
- pinch chilli flakes
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C fan-forced.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large heavy based frying pan or paella dish over a medium to low heat. Add the onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until soft. Add the Minicaps®, paprika and bay leaves. Cook, stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add the chorizo and cook, stirring for 10 minutes, or until golden. Stir in rice. Add the wine, 2 ½ cups of stock and saffron. Bring to the boil without stirring. Cover with a sheet of baking paper and a tight fitting lid. Cook for 20 minutes or until the rice is tender, checking to see if more stock is required.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining oil, tomatoes and chili in a roasting pan. Season. Roast for 10-12 minutes, or until just blistered. Stir in parsley. Gently stir the tomatoes and juices into the paella, serve with lemon wedges.