MIX-A-MATO® tomato CURRY WITH SALMON
- 4 x 200g skinless salmon fillets
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1 red chilli, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs fried shallots
- steamed rice & lime wedges, to serve
Green Curry Sauce
- 2 x 200g Tomato Medley
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Thai green curry paste, (see tip)
- 1 tbs lemon grass paste
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 400ml can coconut cream
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup Thai basil leaves
- To make the green curry sauce, heat oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add curry paste, lemongrass paste and ginger. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add coconut cream and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook, for a further 5 minutes, or until tomatoes just begin to collapse. Remove from the heat. Stir in 1 tablespoon of lime juice and basil. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Rub the salmon with oil. Add to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking.
- Combine coriander, chilli and fried shallots.
- Spoon the sauce into shallow bowls and top with salmon and coriander mixture. Serve with rice and lime.
Tip- Green curry paste can vary in heat, we used Ayam brand which has medium heat