MIX-A-MATO® tomato TORTILLA CUPS
- 400g Mix-a-mato® tomatoes
- olive oil cooking spray
- 3 x 25cm Jumbo round flour tortillas
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbs Chipotle in Adobo Sauce
- 2 tbs green Jalapenos, finely chopped
- 2 green shallots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 large ripe avocado
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan-forced. Lightly grease a 12-hole muffin pan (½ cup capacity) with oil spray.
- Using a 9cm round cutter, cut out 4 rounds from each tortilla. Press tortilla rounds into greased muffin holes. Spray lightly with oil spray and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until light golden and crisp. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, whisk the oil, ½ of the lime juice, chipotle, Jalapeno and shallots in a large bowl. Season. Add the tomatoes and coriander. Toss gently to combine.
- Coarsely mash the avocado in a bowl with ½ of the lime juice and season. Arrange the tortilla cups on a serving plate or board. Spoon in the avocado mixture and top with the tomato mixture. Serve.
Tip- Chipotle in Adobo Sauce and green Jalapenos are available from the Mexican section of your supermarket. This recipe will make 12 tortilla cups.