Turkey Stuffed Truss Tomatoes
- 4 Truss Tomatoes
- 100 grams Roasted turkey breast,, finely chopped
- 50 grams roasted macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- 30 grams butter, softened
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 100 grams fresh breadcrumbs
- to taste Sea salt
- to taste Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Slice the tops from the tomatoes leaving the green stem intact with some of the tomato still attached. Set these 'lids' aside.
- Scoop the centres from the tomatoes and discard.
- Place the butter, nuts and herbs in a bowl, add a pinch each of salt and pepper and mix well.
- Add turkey and breadcrumbs and combine.
- Fill tomatoes with the mix and place on a baking sheet in the oven. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Replace the 'lids' and serve.