VEGAN RASPBERRY CHEESECAKE BARS
|20 mins |
6 hours chilling
- 3 x 125g Perfection Raspberries
- 12/3 cup (250g) raw cashews
- 2/3 cup (160ml) coconut oil
- 1/3 cup (80ml) maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 100g vegan dark chocolate
- ½ cup (80g) dried dates
- 21/4 cups (175g) shredded coconut
- ¾ cup (75g) almond meal
- 100ml coconut oil
- Place cashews in a glass bowl. Cover with water. Cover and stand at room temperature 8 hours. Drain well, pat cashews dry with paper towel or clean tea towel.
- Grease and line the base and sides of a 6cm deep, 12cm x 27cm (base) loaf pan with baking paper, leaving some overhanging.
- For the base, place dates in a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water. Stand 10 minutes then drain well. Place in a food processor with remaining base ingredients. Process until well combined. Press into the base of the prepared pan, using the back of a spoon to smooth the surface. Refrigerate until needed.
- Wipe the food processor clean. Add the cashews. Process for 2-3 minutes until a pasty, not smooth but almost. Add coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla, process until well combined. Add 2x125 punnets raspberries. Pulse until well combined. Spoon mixture over the coconut base and smooth the surface.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the cheesecake. Top with remaining 125g raspberries. Cover and refrigerate 4-6 hours. Slice into bars to serve.