Vietnamese MIX-A-MATO® tomato & Chicken Salad
- 400g Mix-a-mato® tomatoes, halved for the larger tomatoes
- 250g Qukes® baby cucumbers, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 Bambino® Baby Wombok, finely shredded
- 3 chicken breast fillets
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 2 medium carrots
- 125g snow peas
- 250g bean sprouts
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 tbs sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup Asian fried eshallots
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 long red chillies
- 1 small red chilli
- 1/4 cup palm sugar
- 2 large limes
- 1/2 cup fish sauce
- For the dressing; Process the garlic and chilli until finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl, stir in the remaining ingredients, mix well.
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan forced. Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat until hot. Add a little oil and chicken, cook 3 minutes each side. Transfer to oven, cook 10-15 minutes until cooked through. Remove to a plate, cover and stand 5 minutes. Shred the warm chicken and transfer to a bowl. Spoon over 2 tablespoons of the dressing, stir to combine. Refrigerate until cool.
- Combine the Qukes®, carrot, wombok, snow peas, bean sprouts, tomatoes and mint on a large platter. Add the chicken and remaining dressing, toss until well combined. Scatter with sesame seeds and eshallots. Serve.
Tip- Serve on a large platter and allow people to help themselves or pile into lettuce cups, small bowls, little brioche buns or Chinese serving spoons.