Baked Ricotta Tart with Chargrilled Vegetables and Endive Salad
- 125 grams Grape Tomatoes
- 1 Grape - Crimson Seedless
- 1 Baby Fennel
- 1 Eggplant
- 1/4 Baby Endive Lettuce
- 1 capsicum, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2 sheets ready-made shortcrust pastry sheets, defrosted
- 500 grams ricotta, full cream
- 1/2 cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Olive oil spray
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Lightly grease a 24cm removable base tart tin.
- Cut pastry sheets to fit, and line base and sides of tin.
- Place sheet of baking paper on surface, and using baking beans or rice, cover base.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove and bake for a further 5 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Cool to room temperature.
- In food processor place ricotta, garlic, eggs, parmesan cheese, and seasoning and blend until smooth.
- Pour into base, and cook for 25-30 minutes or until tart is golden brown and set.
- Meanwhile, heat a chargrill pan. Lightly spray olive oil onto vegetables and chargrill in batches until vegetables are cooked and almost tender. (All vegetables will take different times, ranging from 3-5 minutes each side.)
- Place into large bowl and toss with tomatoes, endive, balsamic and oil.
- Season to taste.
- Serve with chargrilled vegetables on top.