Calypso® Mango Curd Ice-Cream Sundae
- 4 Calypso® Mangoes
- 1 Litre good-quality vanilla ice-cream
- ½ x 250g packet butternut snap biscuits
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, toasted
- 6 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 3 lemons, juiced
- 125g butter, chilled, chopped
- To make curd, cut the cheeks from 1 mango. Using a large spoon remove the mango fruit from the cheeks. Puree mango until smooth. You need ¾ cup. Whisk egg yolks and sugar in a 6-cup capacity heatproof, microwave-safe bowl until combined. Whisk in ½ cup lemon juice. Add the butter. Microwave, uncovered, for 6-7 minutes on Medium/50%, whisking every minute, until the curd thickens and just comes to the boil. Stir in mango puree. Cover surface with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Spoon the ice-cream into a large bowl. Stand at room temperature for 10 minutes, or until softened slightly. Fold in 1 cup of mango curd. Spoon into a 12cm x 22cm (base) loaf pan. Cover and freeze overnight.
- Process biscuits and pistachios until finely chopped. Stir in coconut. Cut the cheeks from the remaining mangoes. Using a large spoon remove the mango fruit from the cheeks and cut into 2cm cubes.
- To serve, spoon half the biscuit mixture into the base of six serving glasses. Top with scoops of ice-cream and half the mango. Repeat layers. Serve.
Tip- Mango curd makes 2 cups; store the remaining mango curd in a jar in the fridge for up to one month. Try folding it through whipped cream and serving on top of Pavlova or serve over scones, toasted waffles or toasted crumpets.