CALYPSO® MANGO PISTACHIO PAVLOVA WREATH WITH HAZELNUT SPREAD
|1 hour 20 = 4 hours cooling MINS|
- 4 Calypso® Mangoes
- 6 large egg whites
- 1 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 3/4 cup pistachio kernels, lightly toasted, chopped
- 450ml thickened cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup Hazelnut Spread
- grated milk chocolate, to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 130°C fan forced. Draw a 22cm circle on a sheet of non-stick baking paper and place, marked side down on a large greased baking tray.
- Whisk the eggwhites on high speed in an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add the sugar, 1 spoon at a time, whisking until meringue is thick and glossy. After the last spoon, continue to beat on high speed a further 3 minutes. Fold in the vinegar then cornflour. Fold in 1/2 cup of the pistachios.
- Drop large spoonful’s of the meringue on the tray using the circle as a guide. Sprinkle over half the pistachio. Bake for 1 hour 20 or until the top feels crisp and dry. Turn the oven off, leave the pavlova to cool completely in the oven with the door closed.
- Just before serving, slide the pavlova wreath on a serving plate. Swirl the cream and hazelnut spread together. Spoon over the pavlova. Cut the cheeks from the mangoes. Using a large spoon, remove the mango fruit from the cheeks, slice. Arrange over the cream. Sprinkle with remaining pistachio and grated chocolate if desired. Serve.