CALYPSO® MANGO, PORK & PEANUT LARB
- 2 Calypso® Mangoes
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/4 cup Asian chilli jam
- 200g vermicelli noodles
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 500g pork mince
- 1 tbs finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tbs lemongrass paste
- 4 green shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cups Asian herbs, (like Thai Basil leaves, coriander or Vietnamese mint)
- 1/2 cup roasted salted peanuts, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled, shredded
- Combine ¼ cup of lime juice and chilli jam in a bowl, set aside. Cook the noodles following the packet directions. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Heat a wok over high heat until hot. Add oil and swirl to coat. Add mince and stir-fry, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon for 2-3 minutes or until the mince just changes colour. Add the ginger, lemongrass and shallots and stir fry for 1 minute until aromatic. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Stir the herbs and peanuts through the pork mixture. Peel and slice the mangoes.
- Divide the noodles among plates. Top with pork larb, carrots and mango. Spoon over a little