Calypso® Mango & Prawn Kebabs with Sweet Chilli Avocado Dip
- 3 Calypso® Mangoes
- ½ kg green prawns, uncooked, medium, peeled and de-veined
- Approx. 12 wooden skewers
- 2 tbs fish sauce
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 1 tbs grated palm sugar
- 2 avocados, ripe, mashed
- 2 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, freshly ground
- Fresh baby salad leaves, to serve
- Soak the wooden skewers in cold water for 30 minutes. This will prevent the skewers from burning on the barbeque.
- Place all of the marinade ingredients in a large bowl and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Toss the prawns in the marinade and leave in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- To make the dip – mix the mashed avocado, sweet chilli sauce, 1 tablespoon of lime juice and the chilli together and season with freshly cracked salt & pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Once marinated, thread alternate prawns & mango cubes onto the skewers. This will make approximately 12 kebabs.
- Pre-heat a barbeque or grill pan. Cook the kebabs on the hot grill for 2 mins on each side or until the prawns are cooked through.
- Before serving, mix ½ of the fresh coriander through the prepared dip.
- Serve the Calypso® mango & prawn kebabs on a layer of fresh baby leaves, topped with remaining fresh coriander and a large dollop of dip on the side.