CALYPSO®MANGO & QUKES® NOODLE SALAD
|6 as a side|
- 2 large Calypso® Mangoes
- 200g Qukes® baby cucumbers
- 1/2 Bambino® Wombok Hearts
- 100g dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 1/2 cups fresh herbs (like mint, coriander, Thai basil)
- 125g snow peas, shredded
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1/4 red cabbage, shredded
- 3/4 cup roasted salted cashews or macadamia nuts
- 1 tbs grated ginger
- 1/3 cup coconut water
- 1/4 cup sweet chilli sauce
- Cut the cheeks from the mango. Using a large spoon, carefully scoop the flesh out in 1 piece. Thinly slice the mango crossways.
- Prepare the noodles following packet directions. Refresh under cold water and drain well. Use kitchen scissors to cut noodles into thirds. Transfer to a large bowl and add the Qukes®, herbs, snow peas, chilli and mango slices.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients together and season with salt. Pour three-quarters over the salad and toss gently to combine.
- Combine the wombok heart and cabbage and arrange over base of large serving platter or board. Top with mango salad. Scatter over the cashews. Spoon over remaining dressing and serve.
Tip- You can add shredded chicken or chopped prawns to turn this salad into a main meal.