CALYPSO®MANGO & QUKES® NOODLE SALAD
|6 as a side
- 2 large Calypso® Mangoes
- 200g Qukes® baby cucumbers, sliced into rounds
- 100g dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 1/2 cups fresh herbs (like mint, coriander, Thai basil)
- 125g snow peas, shredded
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1/2 baby wombok, shredded
- 1/4 red cabbage, shredded
- 3/4 cup roasted salted cashews or macadamia nuts
- 1 tbs grated ginger
- 1/3 cup coconut water
- 1/4 cup sweet chilli sauce
- Cut the cheeks from the mango. Using a large spoon, carefully scoop the flesh out in 1 piece. Thinly slice the mango crossways.
- Prepare the noodles following packet directions. Refresh under cold water and drain well. Use kitchen scissors to cut noodles into thirds. Transfer to a large bowl and add the Qukes®, herbs, snow peas, chilli and mango slices.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients together and season with salt. Pour three-quarters over the salad and toss gently to combine.
- Combine the wombok and cabbage and arrange over base of large serving platter or board. Top with mango salad. Scatter over the cashews. Spoon over remaining dressing and serve.
Tip: You can add shredded chicken or chopped prawns to turn this salad into a main meal.