CALYPSO® MANGO STICKY CHICKEN
2 hours marinating
- 1 Calypso® Mangoes
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, grated
- 2 tsp lemongrass, paste
- 1 tbs Sriracha
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbs fish sauce
- 1 tbs grated palm sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt flakes, crushed
- olive oil cooking spray
- 8 chicken thighs, skinless, boneless
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled
- for frying vegetavle oil
- Jasmine rice, dressed Calypso® mango and salad leaves, to serve
- Cut, peel and chop the mango. Place into a food processor with the garlic, ginger lemongrass, Sriracha, lime juice, fish sauce, sugar and salt. Process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl or snap lock bag.
- Add the chicken to the marinade and mix well to ensure it is well coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight if time permits.
- Preheat a chargrill or barbecue grill to medium heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and spray both sides lightly with oil. Cook for about 8-10 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, use a mandolin or potato peeler to thinly slice the sweet potato into thin rounds or long strips. Pat dry with paper towel. Half fill a medium saucepan with oil and heat over medium until hot. Cook the sweet potato in batches, for 3 minutes until light golden. Use a slotted spoon to remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Serve chicken with sweet potato salad or rice.
Tip- While Calypso® mangoes are in season why not make a few batches of the marinade. Spoon each batch into a snap lock bag and freeze for up to 6 months. Tip- You can replace the chicken with pork loin chops if you like