Calypso® Mangoes in Rosé Jelly
- 6 Calypso® Mangoes
- 3 cups / 750mL rosé, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 tbs gelatin powder
- 300 mL thickened cream
- 2 tbs icing sugar
- as needed shortbread or meringue to serve
- Combine 1 cup (250ml) rosé, sugar and gelatin in a medium saucepan. Gently whisk over medium heat for 3-4 minutes until mixture just comes to the boil. Cool for 10 minutes. Stir in remaining rosé. Strain into a jug. Set aside to cool for 1 hour.
- Cut the cheeks from the mangoes. Using a large spoon remove the mango fruit from the cheeks. Chop the mango and spoon into the base of 6 x 1 cup capacity jars or glasses or 1 x 6 cup trifle. Cut the remaining fruit from the mangoes, discarding the skin. Process the mango until smooth (you should have about 1/2 cup puree). Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Pour the cooled rosé mixture over the mango. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours until set.
- Whip the cream and icing sugar together to firm peaks. Swirl through the mango puree then spoon over the jelly. Serve with shortbread or meringues.