CALYPSO® MANGO SALAD WITH CRUMBED ZUCCHINI FLOWERS & GINGER
|6-8 as an entree
- 4 Calypso® Mangoes
- 250g piece fresh ricotta
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 tbs finely chopped glace ginger
- 16 small zucchini flowers, stems attached
- 4 tbs cornflour
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 2 cups panko crumbs
- Vegetable oil, for cooking
- 60g baby rocket or watercress sprigs
- 4 radish, cut into matchsticks
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- Cut the cheeks from the mango. Using a large spoon, carefully scoop the flesh out in 1 piece. Dice the flesh from 1 mango cheek, you will need ½ cup. Slice the remaining mango crossways and place into a bowl in the fridge.
- Beat the ricotta with a wooden spoon to break it up. Stir in the diced mango, parsley and 1 tablespoon of the ginger. Season and mix well.
- Gently remove and discard the stamens from the inside of each zucchini flower. Open the petals and spoon 1 tablespoon of the mango ricotta mixture into the centre of each flower. Twist the petals to enclose the filling.
- Place the zucchini flowers onto a board. Dust the cornflour over the zucchini, turn to coat all sides. Working with one at a time, dip into the egg then breadcrumbs.
- Half fill a medium saucepan with oil and heat over medium heat until hot. Cook the zucchini flowers in batches for 3-4 minutes, turning until light golden. Remove to a wire rack to drain.
- Combine the rocket, radish and sliced mango and arrange on serving plates. Whisk the olive oil, vinegar and remaining ginger together. Season then drizzle over the salad. Serve with zucchini flowers.