ONE PAN BROCCOLINI® CAPRESE CHICKEN
- 1 Broccolini®, washed and halved crossways
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 6 skinless chicken thigh fillets, trimmed
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 8 traditional bocconcini
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves
- Chargrilled garlic bread slices, to serve
- Sprinkle paprika, salt and pepper over both sides of the chicken. Heat 1 tbs oil in an ovenproof frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken in batches for 3-4 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add remaining oil, onions and garlic to the pan. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Add vinegar and sugar and cook, stirring for 2 minutes until slightly reduced. Add the can of cherry tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Return the chicken to the pan.
- Press a piece of baking paper onto the surface of the pan and cover with a lid. Cook on medium-low for 10 minutes. Add olives and Broccolini® and return the baking paper to the surface to cover. Cook for 3-4 minutes until Broccolini® is bright green. Remove the cover.
- Preheat grill on medium-high. Scatter bocconcini over the chicken. Grill for 3-4 minutes until cheese softened. Scatter over parsley. Serve with garlic bread.
Tip- Delicious served over pasta or mashed potatoes.
Tip- If you don’t have an oven proof frying pan, complete steps 1-3 in a frying pan. For step 4, transfer to an overproof dish.