Qukes® baby cucumbers, Quinoa and Pomegranate Salad
- 1 x 250g Qukes® baby cucumbers
- 1 x 200g Punnet Sweet Solanato® Tomatoes
- 1 Pomegranates
- 1 cup white quinoa, rinsed
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 60g baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup pistachios, toasted
- 100g soft feta
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbs tahini
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- Combine quinoa and 2 cups water in a medium saucepan. Bring to boil over a high heat. Simmer, covered for about 10-15 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Transfer to a large bowl. Cool. Stir with a fork to separate the grains.
- To make dressing, combine all ingredients in a jug with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Cut Qukes® in half lengthways. Remove the seeds from the pomegranate (see tip below). Add the Qukes®, pomegranate seeds, tomatoes, mint, spinach, pistachios and feta to the quinoa. Toss gently to combine.
- Transfer to a serving platter, spoon over the dressing, season. Serve.
Tip- To remove seeds from pomegranate; roll the pomegranate on the bench to loosen the seeds. Score around the middle and tear open into two halves. Hold each pomegranate half over a bowl, seeds facing down and tap the skin with a wooden spoon, squeezing a little to release the seeds and juice. Remove and discard any white pith.