ROASTED TREVISO™ RADICCHIO, FENNEL & BLOOD ORANGE SALAD
- 1 Treviso™ Radicchio Lettuce
- 2 tbs Extra virgin olive oil
- 400g Fennel, sliced crossways
- 1 tbs Maple syrup
- 1/2 cup Walnuts
- 2 Blood oranges, peeled, sliced into rounds
- ½ cup Small flat leaf parsley leaves
- 3 tbs Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Blood orange, juiced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 200°C fan forced. Lightly grease two roasting pans. Arrange the radicchio in 1 roasting pan. Drizzle over 1 tablespoon of oil, season and turn to coat. Set aside.
- Add fennel to the second roasting pan. Combine maple syrup and remaining oil, spoon over the fennel, turning to coat. Season well. Roast for 25-30 minutes, turning once, or until fennel is golden and tender. Set aside.
- Place the pan with Treviso™ radicchio into the oven, roast for 15-20 minutes, turning after 10 minutes. Scatter the walnuts over a baking tray, place into the oven under the radicchio and cook for 5-8 minutes until toasted.
- Arrange the radicchio on a board or serving platter. Top with fennel, oranges, walnuts and parsley. Whisk all the dressing ingredients together and spoon over the salad just before serving.
Tip- Delicious served with roast chicken or pan cooked steak or fish.
Tip- When blood oranges are not available use navel